Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. 49Red may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 17th September 2020.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, job title, company name
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and postal address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Like the majority of website operators, 49Red collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. 49Red’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how 49Red’s visitors use its website. From time to time, 49Red may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, for example by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
49Red also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. 49Red does not use such information to identify its visitors.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
49Red will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. If you are a registered user of a 49Red newsletter and have supplied your email address, 49Red may occasionally send you an email to keep you up to date with what’s going on at 49Red and the services we offer.
49Red takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. In the unlikely event that your personal information is involved in a breach, you will be notified within 72 hours.
Right to erasure
Under Article 17 of the GDPR, individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. You have the right to erasure if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected it, and it is no longer needed for us to comply with a legal obligation. Upon a valid application to erase your personal data, 49Red will process this request without undue delay.